ErgoBrass(?) with Marching Euphonium/Baritone

The bulk of the musical talk
Ruigekerel
lurker
lurker

ErgoBrass(?) with Marching Euphonium/Baritone

Post by Ruigekerel »

Hello there,

I have recently acquired a beautiful marching euphonium. Sound is amazing, playing is amazing. I love it.

However, the instrument was strangely enough not meant to be used for marching, but as a euphonium substitute in a big band. Front facing bell sound is superior in that context, but holding that heavy front heavy instrument high sure is hard for someone who is used to only play a light trombone.

I was wondering if any system exists to hold this instrument up while playing seated/standing, like ErgoBrass does for trumpets or trombones.

If so, any recommendations or tips?
Snake Charmer
bugler
bugler

Re: ErgoBrass(?) with Marching Euphonium/Baritone

Post by Snake Charmer »

The ErgoBrass will work with the Marching horns, too. If in doubt how the plate fits your horn you can send pictures to ErgoBrass and ask for advice. They are quite helpful :D
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Re: ErgoBrass(?) with Marching Euphonium/Baritone

Post by Leland »

You mean this kind of marching euphonium? https://flickr.com/photos/randysonofrobert/399443341

Yeah, contact ErgoBrass about it. I'd measure how much distance there would be between the chair (or belt?) and the bottom of the horn, or at least wherever the ErgoBrass would mount onto it.