Tuba Harness Needed

The bulk of the musical talk
tclements
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Tuba Harness Needed

Post by tclements »

Friends,

I need a harness so that I can play my tuba (Wessex York) standing. There are no hooks or rings on the tuba (like Miraofone or Alexander). I COULD use a standing stand, but I'd rather not schlep that thing around with me. Any ideas? Thanks!!
circusboy
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Tuba Harness Needed

Post by circusboy »

I've got the Neotech Tuba Holster Harness #5401212. I like it. Makes holding a BAT for standing playing a possibility. $91 on Amazon. $35 on eBay (new).

It's a little cumbersome to get on and get the horn settled in properly. Took me a few days to devise the best choreography for that. It's still a 26 lb. weight to have on my (not young) shoulders. I haven't had it for too long, but I'm starting to incorporate it more into my practice to build up the lower back strength so I can stand with it longer.

Anyway, I think it's a pretty good, new design and worth a try.
tclements
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by tclements »

Thanks. I ordered one. I'll let you know how it works out.

Any other suggestions?
binlove
bugler
bugler

Post by binlove »

How about the tuba belt thing - seems promising in that it puts the weight on your hips. You can add a permanent ring, but they have temporary ones too.

https://tubtub.jimdofree.com/english/tubabelt/
tclements
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by tclements »

I looked at the belt thing. My tuba does not have rings (like a Mirafone, or Alex) and I don't feel comfortable bolting that ring thing around the bottom bow of my tuba. ALSO, with my shape, I don't think putting all the weight on my belt is a good idea; the darned thing may just pull my pants down! And NO ONE wants to see that!!!!