Kalison DS

The bulk of the musical talk
Mudman
3 valves
3 valves

search the old tube net

Post by Mudman »

Type in a search of the old TubeNet for Kalison. People seem to react strongly to the DS. It seems like the majority of posted opinions have been negative. Intonation comes up alot as a weakness on this model. I have not played one. Just pointing out where you could read up on the horn. You won't know for yourself until you play one and have somebody check it against a tuner.

Good luck!

ps Edward Kleinhammer said something to Charlie Vernon when Vernon showed up to a lesson with both a tenor and a bass trombone. (Paraphrased) "Playing two trombones is like dating two women. There is no way to keep both of them happy." You might want to pick one instrument and do your best to master it before thinking about doubling.
Wallace
bugler
bugler

Post by Wallace »

I have played a Kalison DS for five years. My experiences have been nothing but positive. It is true that they are not real consistent from horn to horn, but if you find a good one it can be a great instrument. I have played in a number of different emsembles, and my DS has never been out of place. Intonation on my instrument is better than most CC's out there and the sound is real sweet. I think mine is better than any of the 2145's or 2155's that I've tried. If you can find a good one, it is a great bang for the buck.

PS- I am considering selling mine to clear some space in my place. PM me or email me @ wallace1862@aol.com if you're interested.

-James