Harvard Summer Band needs tuba players!

The bulk of the musical talk
Allen
3 valves
3 valves

Harvard Summer Band needs tuba players!

Post by Allen »

The Harvard Summer Band, under the direction of Tom Everett is having its 2004 season. The band, sponsored by Harvard, welcomes players from area Summer schools, and all interested members of the Greater Boston community.

The band has six rehearsals on Wednesday evenings (7:15pm to 9:30pm) from June 30, to August 4, 2004. Then, they play a concert in Boston's Hatch Shell on the Charles River Esplanade -- the same place the Boston Pops plays in the Summer. This year's concert is at 3:00pm Sunday, August 8, 2004. Usually, there is a Harvard Yard concert the afternoon before the last rehearsal -- that's like a dress rehearsal.

Tom Everett is a brass player, and greatly appreciates tubas. The skill level of the players varies, and all levels are welcome. The top players in each section are outstanding, and it's a great opportunity for less experienced players to learn from the best.

I've been playing in this band the last two years, and it's a huge amount of fun! I'm looking forward to having many tubists show up. The band is well over a hundred musicians in size; therefore it needs LOTS of tubas! All are welcome!

Here's the last year's band web site.

Come join us, and share in the thrill of playing in Boston's Hatch Shell

AllenWalker
Allen
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Allen »

I received private inquiries, and thought I would post some more information publicly.

They haven't updated the 2003 web site. However, pretty much everything applies, except the dates (and Nat Dickey has, alas, left).

At rehearsal times, parking in Harvard's lots is not difficult, but on-street parking is. Try the closest parking lot: by Mallinckrodt Lab/Hoffman Lab on Oxford Street. The Everett Street Garage is usually OK, except it's a longer walk (especially with a tuba). Perhaps there will be updated info before the first rehearsal.

Allen
Allen
3 valves
3 valves

Reminder

Post by Allen »

The first rehearsal of the Harvard Summer Band is at 7:15pm Wednesday, June 30. The web site above has been updated.

I hope to see many tubists there!

Allen Walker
jlbreyer
bugler
bugler

Post by jlbreyer »

Well, I went to the first rehearsal on Wednesday and it was a blast!
6 smileys, at least :D :D :D :D :D :D
10J and lovin' it.