Got an SSH for trials today. Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk

Re: SSH

Postby IowegianStar » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:41 am

jmerring wrote:I have read all the posts on this topic, but still don't know what SSH means! Will someone please post a response that all can read, or is this some sort of an inside joke?
:?

For those of us who deal with servers/shared computers during the workday, the name "SSH" has a dual meaning - which makes me think of "Playing the tuba - safely and securely."

http://www.openssh.com/
IowegianStar

SSH

Postby jmerring » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:23 am

Thank you for the explanation and the link to Sidey Stainless Helleberg Mouthpieces. They look quite interesting.
jmerring
3 valves
3 valves

Postby bighorn » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:29 pm

hi doc, have u compared the ssh with conn helleberg yet? :)
bighorn
lurker
lurker

Postby Ulli » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:16 am

I compared the SSH with the CONN-HELLEBERG with a Cerveny CBB 681-4.
My impression: The Conn sounds smaller and softer, the SSH more full, rich and present, but also hard like steel.
Naturally, first times the Conn is more comfortably for the lips, but after some time I became addictatet to the sharp rim.
At the moment, my SSH competes with my Bayamo. :-)
Ulli
Ulli
3 valves
3 valves

Postby pulseczar » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:32 am

competing and winning?
pulseczar
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Got an SSH for trials today.

Postby joshealejo » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:51 am

Hello! Planing to "back to life" this threat :D

I ve tested the SSH II but the c
Brass versión, because was the only one I would purchase at that time and I was amazed how It worked with me! Besides been a very deep funel mouthpiece for my feelings with my F tuba (a meinl weston 45) I was very surprise! Clear tone, monstruos articulation!

I want to know your feedbacks about this one, the SSH II. I want to know, if possible some comparativas with both, the brass and the stainless steel versión. Also interested in the SSH MBII, wich seems to be a mor bowl and shallow -cup.

Thank you all!!!
F B&S 56 AFT
CC Holton 345
Bb Marzan frontal compensating Euphonium
joshealejo
bugler
bugler

Previous

Return to TubeNet