Question about selling stuff on Chisham

The bulk of the musical talk
Lee Jacobs
bugler
bugler

Question about selling stuff on Chisham

Post by Lee Jacobs »

I've never sold anything by posting it on the Chisham for sale page before. What do people usually do when they're selling something, ask the buyer to send money first, or send the item and trust the buyer to send the money? Anyone who has sold stuff here before I could use your advice. Thanks.

Lee
Paul S
3 valves
3 valves

handling a sale

Post by Paul S »

Approach a sale here as you would anywhere online or in a real store for that matter. You make payment and the vendor gives you the item purchased. Just like any transaction of any kind you should try to have a bit of an idea who you are dealing with be it Sears or a fellow tuba player.

As a seller you would be best served to be straight, clear and and to make a buyer feel comfortable in buying from you. This is a great place for transactions as we all have the same interests to meet each other under as a start. Even if you do not make a sale at first you might meet a fellow tuba player in the process whith whom you can share a thought or two

I have purchased or traded items from fellow tuba players here on the Tubenet and have never been anything but pleased with both the items and the people I worked with in the deals.

Good Luck!
Paul Sidey, CCM '84
Principal Tubist, Grand Lake Symphony
B&S PT-606 CC - Yamaha YFB-621 F
SSH Mouthpieces http://sshmouthpieces.com/" target="_blank
Gator
bugler
bugler

Post by Gator »

Just be honest and forthcoming.

As far as selling, my own personal advice is that I would never ship a piece of equipment without full payment unless you have some kind of connection with your buyer (as in your teacher knows the buyer or you have a mutual friend that knows the buyer). If you are selling a $6K instrument and you accept a $1K deposit, just remember that you may be selling that instrument for that $1K deposit and may never hear from the buyer again.

This is a fairly close community but do not trust anybody that you do not know!