I'd like to But a Tuba

The bulk of the musical talk
Mark E. Chachich
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Mark E. Chachich »

Check under music shops and organizations (in Tubenet). There you will find dealers in new and used tubas listed and get an idea about price, etc. The Baltimore Brass Company has its inventory and prices listed. I have personnaly done business with the Baltimore Brass Company (they repaired one of my tubas) and found them to be honest and excellent. Dillon's also has an excellent reputation and posts inventories and prices.
Now for my opinion. If you are planning in a major in music (especially in performance) you should talk with the teacher that you are interested in studying from.
good luck,
Mark
Mark E. Chachich, Ph.D.
Principal Tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Life Member, Musicians' Association of Metropolitan Baltimore, A.F.M., Local 40-543
Life Member, ITEA
randy westmoreland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by randy westmoreland »

If you are not married to the idea of piston valves, I have a 5/4 Sanders four rotary valve tuba which I am thinking of selling for around $3000, with a hard case. There is some wear on the finish and a few dents, but plays great. It has a huge sound and great respnse. The horn is in Lansing Michigan. E-mail me if'n you have interest: tubanation@yahoo.com
randy westmoreland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by randy westmoreland »

If you are not married to the idea of piston valves, I have a 5/4 Sanders four rotary valve tuba which I am thinking of selling for around $3000, with a hard case. There is some wear on the finish and a few dents, but plays great. It has a huge sound and great respnse. The horn is in Lansing Michigan. E-mail me if'n you have interest: tubanation@yahoo.com