SF Symph. and Mahler 5

The bulk of the musical talk
JayW
4 valves
4 valves

SF Symph. and Mahler 5

Post by JayW »

Just bought tickts to see them play here in NJ and was wondering if anyone else has seen them perform t yet? Any reviews out there ? I am really excited ...it should be great, esp. sine NJPAC is IMHO one of the best concert halls around.
Jay
proud new owner of a kick arse Eastman 632
Photographer
Dog Lover
Hiker
Drbuzzz
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Drbuzzz »

I saw them Friday night in Cleveland. Great show, great playing, great interpretation. You're gonna have a good time at this one!
Andrew Miller
Alabama Symphony Orchestra
Aaron
bugler
bugler

in Boston

Post by Aaron »

I saw it last night in Boston. It was really great. Made me practice after it was over.[/list]
punktuba
bugler
bugler

Saw it in Cleveland

Post by punktuba »

Yeah,

You are going to love it. Jeff Anderson rocks! He gave a masterclass at my school and I played for him. He had some great things to say and has definately had an interesting career path to San Fran. He is a great guy, too. The orchestra sounds amazing! Luckily enough, they were here for 4 days and also performed Scheherazade, and some other cool stuff.

Have fun!

Andrew Welborn
Aubrey Foard
pro musician
pro musician

Also saw in Cleveland

Post by Aubrey Foard »

Bravo to the entire orchestra on a fantastic emotional rollercoaster of a performance. Jeff Anderson really does his job extremely well - great person too.
porkchopsisgood
pro musician
pro musician

Post by porkchopsisgood »

I'm upset....

they performed tonight in Philly....unfortunately I couldn't make it. But the rest of the school did.....I'll let you know how it went tomorrow....

porkchopsisgood