The Willson Suite / Roger Behrend

The bulk of the musical talk
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

robert w. smith

Post by MikeMason »

the question i would have asked in your situation to give insight into the piece would have been "does anyone have background info on Robert W. Smith?" who is the composer of the work. but, thats just me......
Highams
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Highams »

From his CD Centennial Celebration;

.....a member of the U.S. Coast Guard Band in New London, Connecticut and soloist with the U.S. Navy Band in Washington D.C.

.........has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music Education from Michigan State University where he studied with Leonard Falcon. Has a Masters of Arts Degree in euphonium performance from George Mason University in Fairfax Virginia where he is professor of tuba/euph.

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk
Aspire & Be Inspired !
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

Roger Behrend

The above link is for Willson performing artists. Roger just happens to be first on that list. The previous poster, Highams, is there too.

The one thing I remember about Roger Behrend was what he said at one of his master classes. He quizzed all of us on what color and fabric do we think of when we want to create a warm dark tone on our instruments? Roger's answer was 'burgundy velvet'. I think that paints a perfect picture.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)