HS Tuba and Trombone players needed

The bulk of the musical talk
scottmendoker
pro musician
pro musician

HS Tuba and Trombone players needed

Post by scottmendoker »

Hello -
The Brass Institute at Drew Summer Music (Drew University, Madison, New Jersey) has openings for 2 trombone and 2 tuba players - or 1 tuba and 1 bass trombone. We need advanced players - late high school or early college.

The Institute is a week long - June 26 to July 3 and is run much like the Atlantic Brass Seminar. As a matter of fact, our Institute is a GREAT warm-up to the ABQ Seminar! Quintets are formed as well as 1 big brass ensemble. The groups are coached by my quintet - The Brass Group - David Sampson, composer and trumpet player; Don Batchelder, principal trumpet w/New York City Opera; Tony Cecere, principal horn w/Bach Choir of Bethlehem, plays in Broadway's "Beauty and the Beast", Met Opera, etc..; Vernon Post, trombone w/New Jersey Symphony; and me.

If anyone's interested or KNOWS of anyone who might be interested or knows someone who thinks that they know someone who might have a band director friend who knows a student who might be interested, please contact me via e-mail at scottmendoker@mac.com or (973)665-1673. You could also visit the DSM web site at:
www.depts.drew.edu/music/beyond/dsm/index.htm

Thanks!

Scott Mendoker