Danville KY brass band fest

The bulk of the musical talk
Sam Gnagey
4 valves
4 valves

Danville KY brass band fest

Post by Sam Gnagey »

I'm looking forward to my first trip down to the big brass band festival in Danville KY this weekend. Anyone on the BBS going to be there? Who's been there before? What's to do?
Look for the guy in the navy blue Rudy Meinl tee shirt and say, "Hi, Sam".
JHardisk
pro musician
pro musician

Post by JHardisk »

I will be in attendance with the Air Force Band of Flight. We are performing 12 June @ 2000 (8PM). Looking forward to being a part of such an event!
~John Hardisky
van
bugler
bugler

Post by van »

Go to gabbf.com for info. I attended two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. If it wasn't 2000 miles away I would be there again this year.
van
bugler
bugler

Post by van »

And do not miss the hot air balloon race. They actually allow/encourage the public to help in the launching process (at least they did 2 years ago). It was really "up close and personal".
Last edited by van on Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Marcus
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Steve Marcus »

Chicago Brass Band has been invited to perform there--in June 2005. Wish that I could go this year!

Steve Marcus
BBb Bass, Chicago Brass Band
Steve Marcus
http://www.facebook.com/steve.marcus.88
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Carroll
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Carroll »

It was indeed a "blast" this year. We did get rained on but not as much as last year. At our noon-time set last year we had to dump our bells every four measures or so. That tends to make phrasing a little more difficult. The German town band (Franconian Harmonics Estenfeld) got rained on, but they kept playing... what troopers. The big picnic got rain postponed till Sunday, but that ended up being o.k. for the rest of us. The balloon race was way cool. And we sold lots of c.d.s!