Tubist Needed in Chicago Area

The bulk of the musical talk
Steve Marcus
pro musician
pro musician

Tubist Needed in Chicago Area

Post by Steve Marcus »

I'm posting this for a friend. Please contact me directly if you know someone who can fill the bill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone.

My name is Howard Green, and I am the Conductor of the Buffalo Grove Symphonic Band in Buffalo Grove, Illinois (Northwest Suburbs). We are a group of approximately 70 musicians who have played in this organization for 3 years now. Although we are relatively new, we have been very successful and play a mix of music that is extensive and fun. Our last concert included the William Tell Overture, music from the Wizard of Oz (with a major tuba solo), and the entire Pictures at an Exhibition.

Our principal tubist moved home to New Jersey after the concert and we
are now in desperate need of someone to fill the position. We rehearse Thursday nights from 7:30-9:30 every week from January thru Thanksgiving. Our Summer concerts are being covered by 2 very
proficient college students who are home for the Summer. We will begin
practicing for the Fall concert on July 8th. The concert is to be held on
Saturday evening, October 23rd at 7 PM. I have listed the planned program below.

If you are interested, please feel free to contact Steve Marcus at semarcus1@yahoo.com.

Planned program:

Opening to 2001 (Also Sprach Zarathustra - Richard Strauss)
Candide Overture (Bernstein)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Symphonie Fantastique: (Berlioz)
March to the Scaffold
Last mvmt – Witches Sabbath (newly pub. - and calls for 2 tubas!)
Mars from the Planets (Holst)

Intermission

Nessun Dorma (from Turandot by Puccini)
Harry Potter (the "grown-up versionâ€
Steve Marcus
http://www.facebook.com/steve.marcus.88
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia