Founder of Cimarron Music passed away Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk

Founder of Cimarron Music passed away

Postby knuxie » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:09 pm

My condolences to the family of Robert Brule, who passed away over the weekend. I owe a great debt to Bob for taking the chance and getting my compositions off the ground. I know he will be missed by those of us in the tuba euphonium field. Those of you whom he touched in your lifetimes can comment here.

Kenneth D. Friedrich
knuxie

Condolances.

Postby Cesar V » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:13 pm

I didnt know him, but just the same my Condolances to his Family.

--Cesar Vazquez
Cesar V

Re: Founder of Cimarron Music passed away

Postby BVD Press » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:50 pm

Same here Ken. Bob was the first to take my charts seriously and publish all without question. I think has has 50-60 arrangements in his catalog. I would credit him with helping to start my own company as well.

He will be missed.

Some funeral info:

Bob's funeral will be Friday at the Rhoton Funeral Home, 1511 S. I-35E, Carrolton, Texas, 972-242-5261. The time is TBA, but will either be at 10:00 AM, or 1 PM. Visitation will be Thursday evening.
BVD Press
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Postby Kevin Miller » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:29 am

Sevices will be Friday at 1:00 for Mr. Brule. I have been playing tuba in the Irving Symphonic Band for a little over a year and Bob was a good guy to work with. His choice of great literature drew me to the band. He has certainly been a friend of the tuba and euphonium with his publishing company. I was privileged to sub with the Dallas Wind Symphony for tonight's concert and Kim Campbell (Executive Director) said some nice words about Bob before the show and dedicated the concert to him. He will be missed.

Kevin Miller
Kevin Miller
bugler
bugler

Return to TubeNet