Ved dagens begyndelse (unaccompanied solo for low winds)

The bulk of the musical talk
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

Ved dagens begyndelse (unaccompanied solo for low winds)

Post by imperialbari »

At

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Yo ... egyndelse/

you will find an unaccompanied solo for low wind instruments. Let the preface do the presentation:

Ved Dagens begyndelse
(At the beginning of the day)
For basun solo
(For trombone solo)
Composed by Iris Larsen (1944 - )
Edited and typeset by Klaus Bjerre 2004

This present editor was asked to perform this solo as the opening of a concert in May 1998 in the medieval village church in northwest Zealand, where the composer Iris Larsen was the organist. I was offered the option to choose any of my instruments for the performance. As I doubled on euphonium and bass trombone in the band presented at this concert, I chose my King 7B bass trombone. A choice that lead to no regrets.

Solos for low brasses (or woodwinds) are not that common, so this edition encompasses these versions:

C-concert bass clef for trombone, euphonium, bass tuba, or bassoon

Bb treble clef for trombone, euphonium, and bass clarinet. Performances on Bb soprano and Bb contrabass clarinets may not lead to immediate arrests.

F treble and bass clef for low horn

Eb treble clef for Eb tuba, Eb contralto clarinet, and Eb baritone saxophone. Performances by Eb alto clarinets and Eb alto saxophones may not lead to immediate arrests.

The usual Amen of the prefaces for the YMBBb offerings is sounded this way:

“This arrangement can be used free of charge, but reports on readings and performances would be nice.â€