stolen cimbasso and tubas

The bulk of the musical talk
Jeff Miller
bugler
bugler

stolen cimbasso and tubas

Post by Jeff Miller »

I've just been browsing my insurance company's website and seen the following information regarding several instruments stolen from a home in London about 2 months ago. As two of them are quite distinctive, I thought it might be worth posting the information here.

These are not my instruments; please do not contact me - I'm merely forwarding information from the insurer's website.

Thein Cimbasso plus case. inscribed with manufacturers name Thein - Large valve trombone, dent on back of bell. MISSING INST. REF.13750

MEINL CC TUBA (model 2165) STOLEN LONDON AREA 27/4 - inscribed on bell section 'Meinl Weston,Warren Deck'. Detachable lead pipe from mouth piece to valve, metal band on inside of bell (bell slightly creased), dent under seal band. MISSING INST. REF.13750

Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign Tuba - Stolen London area 27/4. MISSING INST. REF.13750

If you have any info, you can contact the insurance company at https://www.allianzcornhillmusicalinsur ... act_Us.htm or call (44) 870 1600 303 (this is a UK number).

Once again, this isn't my stuff, and I don't work for the company, so please contact the insurers, not me.

Thanks.
bttmbow
pro musician
pro musician

Post by bttmbow »

I know there is one Thein Cimbasso in England; perhaps there are others. Hopefully, it will be recovered not damaged, as well as the other instruments. My prayers are with this person, especially after getting to play some of Thein's instruments (those guys are true geniuses).

Good luck,
CJH