www.army.mil server down?

The bulk of the musical talk
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

www.army.mil server down?

Post by imperialbari »

Is the army.mil server down?

For the last couple of days, at least, it has been impossible to access this server to listen to sound samples from the bands.

As a "check-up" I went to the navy.mil server, which worked all fine, and had me browsing and listening for over an hour.

A couple of samples of fine concert band playing can be found at:

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/pics.htm

This photo would constitute a bit more than a family snapshot, but at least a couple of faces are relevant to the TubeNet:

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/graphics/G ... rtrait.jpg

Klaus

Added later on:

With reference to a posting below here, I have changed the photo's status from being automatic loading to one, that you can call up yourself.

I am privileged with a decently fast fixed rate connection, so I had no problems in handling the photo, which I find very interesting. Especially in context with the roster list, which is linked to short biographies of most musicians.

K
Last edited by imperialbari on Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

(wow, that's a h-y-o-o-o-g-e pic)

Maybe it's just temporary while the Army is moving to a new supercomputer sever... ;)

*Click: US Army Purchases Supercomputer Cluster*
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

This is the largest picture I have ever seen on the net. It's nearly life-sized.

I have DSL and it still took 20 seconnds to download. Yeeehaa, make it smaller next time, partner.
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

Post by imperialbari »

Alex C wrote: I have DSL and it still took 20 seconnds to download. Yeeehaa, make it smaller next time, partner.
Aside from both being subscribers to TubeNet I am aware of no partnership between us.

Yet I have changed the link status in the original posting for those challenged connectionwise.

The navy probably uploaded this high resolution photo to be used in magazine quality press contexts. There is no way a non-navy person, let alone a foreigner, would be able to change the properties of this photo. And so it should be. (But maybe you are a navy-partner?)

I cannot avoid expressing, that high resolution photo material belongs to the level of information desirable on the TubeNet.

Klaus