Does anyone play the YCB-861??

The bulk of the musical talk
NeilMacQuarrie
bugler
bugler

Post by NeilMacQuarrie »

Last edited by NeilMacQuarrie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffrey Hicks
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Jeffrey Hicks »

how comparable to a Mira 188 are these? they appear similar but that does not mean a thing
tubacdk
pro musician
pro musician

ycb861

Post by tubacdk »

Jeffrey Hicks wrote:how comparable to a Mira 188 are these? they appear similar but that does not mean a thing
I think the 861 is taller and larger but I think the 188 might have more carrying power to the tone. the 188 probably sounds a bit brighter out front but might still sound bigger. hard to say. I haven't heard them side by side but that's my impression from playing both.
Jeffrey Hicks
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Jeffrey Hicks »

I have learned to take all Yamaha's with a grain of salt. Some I have played are good some bad. I am one of the few who enjoys the YBB-321. My only complaint with them thesedays is the fact that they have just about priced beyond reason. An 861's price is almost as much as an HB or MW 2000 and probably at least 2k more than a new 188. I would have to absolutely fall in love with one to buy one. As far as I know most of the shops do not even keep them in store so once again the effort to obtain one seems kind of absurd. Sorry for the ranting