Moving TubeNet here

The bulk of the musical talk
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Moving TubeNet here

Post by WoodSheddin »

I am working on migrating TubeNet here. I could use some help with testing it. Feel free to post away!
Last edited by WoodSheddin on Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
smurphius
3 valves
3 valves

beautiful

Post by smurphius »

can't say i know where anything is in this new thing, but hell! it's great anyways. bring tubenet to a worldclass level. long live tubenet.
joh_tuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by joh_tuba »

It will be interesting to see what the relative lack of anonymity will do to the character of this forum and the kinds of topics that are discussed.

I'm a little concerned about the lack of 'threading'. Is it possible to reply to a specific post within a topic? I really like being able to see all the branches of a thread at once on the main BBS page and at a glance know what I've previously read and what might be of interest.

As long as you are mixing things up what are the odds of eventually getting spellcheck? That would be a very nice addition indeed.

Anyhow, I'm optimistic. I eventually got over the color change.. boy did I think that was a terrible idea at first. So I'm sure this will be just fine too.

Good luck,
Joseph
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

Congratulations Tubenet!

I look forward to many visits here. I think it will be a plus that you can read/post in just certain areas of interest or... read everything new that was posted since your last visit.

Thanks Sean for setting this up.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Re: anonymity

Post by WoodSheddin »

joe bob wrote:I'm trying to post this anonymously. I guess it works.
I plan to leave it that way except in the For Sale and eBay forums. If I get too much abuse then that may change.
sean chisham
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

Not too Shabby, Sean! 8)

It's a little harder to read for those of us with weak peepers, but I think I can get used to it.

One of the problems with this BBS (a few other fora use it), is that the avatar has to be no larger than a certain number of pixels square, or the profile updater won't accept it.

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be a great improvement to have the BBS profile scale whatever size image that was submitted as an avatar.

[/i]
neil
pro musician
pro musician

Post by neil »

Congratulations on the move to phpbb, Sean! Here's to a functional search utility!
Adam C.
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Adam C. »

Looking good so far; I like it.
Highams
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Highams »

Far superior, and much more user friendly, good luck.

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk
Aspire & Be Inspired !
AndyCat
3 valves
3 valves

Post by AndyCat »

Great idea Sean!
Andy Cattanach, UK
Fodens Band, Intrada Brass Ensemble.
Yamaha Neo BBb x 2 (2011 and 2016), B+H 3v Imperial BBb.
Yamaha YBL613H Bass Trombone.
Mercer and Barker MB5 Cattanach, Yeo Signature Mouthpieces.
Joe Baker
5 valves
5 valves

I like the sub-threads too!

Post by Joe Baker »

Tom wrote:"I'm a little concerned about the lack of 'threading'. Is it possible to reply to a specific post within a topic? I really like being able to see all the branches of a thread at once on the main BBS page and at a glance know what I've previously read and what might be of interest."

I agree with the above statement. That's one of the features that make the current TubeNet work so well.

:(Chalk up one more in agreement with this. Maybe no one will consider this a loss, but I probably won't try to keep up with the list in this form. It's probably better for pure information, but I don't think it'll be as much fun.

On the positive side, I do like the improved editing features and the accountability. But the lack of sub-threads is a great loss in my opinion.

Joe Baker, who likes the old site better.
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

Sean,
Congratulations on our new home! I am used to this board (several of my sports forums use it) and am sure the group will come to love it. Thanks for all the work, time and money it all takes! :wink:
Bearin' up!
Aaron
bugler
bugler

ok

Post by Aaron »

ugh. progress. hurts my head. looks good though.

edit: on second thought, i really like the old board better.
MileMarkerZero
3 valves
3 valves

SSSWWWWWEEEEET!

Post by MileMarkerZero »

Oh yeah.

SD

I am convinced that 90% of the problems with rhythm, tone, intonation, articulation, technique, and overall prowess on the horn are related to air issues.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Moving TubeNet

Post by Alex F »

Sean,

This new site is great.

For one thing, I can post to it. I have tried to post to the old site numerous times and always encountered server errors. Creating a profile and logging in to this new site was a piece of cake.

At age 52, I have just started euphonium lessons, my first brass instrument. Abount six weeks ago, I discovered TubeNet. It has proved to be a fount of knowledge and advice. This is a great community of tubists and euphoniumists.

You perform a great service to our community. Thanks for all your time and effort.
tubacdk
pro musician
pro musician

ya, me likes

Post by tubacdk »

new format is a good move. it'll take a little getting used to, but it's a good change. :D
tubapress
pro musician
pro musician

I like! I Like!!

Post by tubapress »

This is pretty cool, Sean! Very easy to use and to register and very nicely organized. Any plans to have online food and beer ordering through Tubenet??
Gary Press
gary_press@yahoo.com" target="_blank
JayW
4 valves
4 valves

Very nice change

Post by JayW »

As with anything, it will take time for everyone to find their niche, but in the end i think this format will win the hearts of all.
Jay
proud new owner of a kick arse Eastman 632
Photographer
Dog Lover
Hiker
MileMarkerZero
3 valves
3 valves

Hre ya go, Gary

Post by MileMarkerZero »

SD

I am convinced that 90% of the problems with rhythm, tone, intonation, articulation, technique, and overall prowess on the horn are related to air issues.
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

Hehe... I forgot to log in, too.

The above post is mine.