Moving TubeNet here

The bulk of the musical talk
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

TubeNet wrote: Give me some time to get into the new software. It supports themes which can be custom tailored, including colors and font sizes/types. I just need time to figure it all out, then you should have options on the appearance.
Cool, sounds like you're going to have fun this spring.. ;)
Billy M.
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Billy M. »

Anonymous wrote:To say the least, I think this is a good move, Sean. I've been an avid reader of another board that is strikingly similar to this one (www.drumcorpsplanet.com) and have felt for some time this has been one of those kinds of formats you should consider. Me being a small voice, however, I felt that I had no place making such a suggestion.

The one thing that does make me disheartened is how you've made the For Sale items in their own catagory totally eliminating the monthly who's got things for sale post that I personally liked doing. But one can't get what one always wants. Go figure.

I'm looking forward to this format and the future of Tubenet in this setup. :)
This was me saying it... just somehow didn't end up logged in...
Romans 3:23-24

Billy Morris
Rudolf Meinl Model 45, Musikmesse Horn
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb (19" Bell)
1968 Besson New Standard Eb (15" Bell)
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Mixed feelings

Post by GC »

:? I enjoyed the simplicity and the threading of the old bbs, but I'm willing to give the new system a chance.
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

Rick F wrote:Changing the size of the text is easy.
It ain't the font size of my posts I want to increase; I already know what I wrote. It's the size of all you young'uns who don't realize that 1.) I have a laptop display that is 1600x1200 and only 15", and 2.) I'm old and need special glasses to read the dang computer.

It could be worse, though. I could be as old as Chu...no I won't say it.

I wandered in and out of a forum using this same basic software a while back. That forum had so many new users all the time that it became impossible to follow the flow of the forum. I hope we don't have the same trouble. I'd bet there is a way to see what's been posted in a single page, and I'm gonna start looking for it.

Rick "who'll get used to it" Denney
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

Rick Denney wrote:
Rick F wrote:Changing the size of the text is easy.
It ain't the font size of my posts I want to increase; I already know what I wrote. It's the size of all you young'uns who don't realize that 1.) I have a laptop display that is 1600x1200 and only 15", and 2.) I'm old and need special glasses to read the dang computer. <snip>
LOL. Yeah, I see what you all mean. It's true that you can't change the size of the fonts 'already posted'... at least in IE when trying to change the size of the fonts, it doesn't work with phpBB postings.

As Sean has already said, he will address this issue as soon as he has time. I just got new glasses myself last week. The type all of a sudden looks bigger, :)

I do like this new format.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

Rick F wrote: It's true that you can't change the size of the fonts 'already posted'... at least in IE when trying to change the size of the fonts, it doesn't work with phpBB postings.

Try Firefox (from the folks at mozilla.org) or some other browser that has a way to increase font size, even as a setting for every page (I should know it works, since I just tested it).

IE sucks, but it's not the fault of anyone here.
Rick Denney wrote: I'd bet there is a way to see what's been posted in a single page, and I'm gonna start looking for it.
On the front page, check out the "View posts since last visit" function in the upper right. It's not a button like the New Topic command -- it looks like a text link. I've copied the link here:

View new posts since last visit

It's the first thing I click whenever I get to this site.
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

Rick Denney wrote:It could be worse, though. I could be as old as Chu...no I won't say it.
I resemble that remark! :x

I've found that using Opera (or Firefox Mozilla, but I like Opera better), I can simply press Ctrl and zoom in using the mouse wheel. No big problem.

Still, it takes longer to browse the topics than on the old system, but hey, it's Sean's board, so I can live with it.