Stainless Steel Tuba Mouthpiece

The bulk of the musical talk
Alex Reeder
bugler
bugler

Post by Alex Reeder »

Take a look at the other threads on the site. There have been two or three very recently. I am not in a situation where I am looking for a new mouthpiece now, but if I was I would at least check these out. I have no idea how they sound but they sure do have the "cool factor!"
Getzen G50 w/ York Monster EEb bell
Meinl Weston 2182
PT6P
Eastman School of Music Class of 2008
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

NuPhil wrote: I have tried a few (non plated versions) that left a nasty taste in my mouth
But, they weren't G&W mouthpieces, as they weren't on the market yet. Ivan Giddings addressed your concern before, and said that during testing, he did find a few alloys that had a bad aftertaste, and that in the production models they are using an alloy that has no taste.

Just wanting to keep the record straight...
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

NuPhil wrote:
Leland wrote:
NuPhil wrote: I have tried a few (non plated versions) that left a nasty taste in my mouth
But, they weren't G&W mouthpieces, as they weren't on the market yet.
Sorry,
I tend to forget those who I have offended on this site (high sensitivity)

Eh, it's not so much "offending" as it is making sure the correct info gets associated with this company.

Other attempts at stainless steel mouthpieces are just that -- "other attempts". G&W seem to have learned from the previous ones, and their own years of R&D have helped them to sort out a lot of potential problems, including avoiding any nasty aftertaste.