Combo-orks for small dance bands

The bulk of the musical talk
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

tomt wrote:The Combo-orks series were a collection of popular and jazz classics that came in sets of three - C, B-flat, and E-flat. Great for small groups. I'm looking for these, or something similar for our community band.
Tom,

The community band I founded a few years ago has about 60 members. We also have a smaller group that involves about ten pieces. We've had great success with a Hal Leonard publication called 'Dixieland Beat'. There is another one,l also called 'Dixieland Beat' published by Mills Music. Belwin-Mills also has one called 'Big Band Era'. With these three publications you can pretty much start a combo out on a pretty nice library for very little money. Parts covered are clarinet, tenor sax, trumpet, trombone, tuba, piano, guitar, and drums.
There are also the many 'Hungry Five' sets of booklets still around. These are scored for two clarinets, one trumpet, a trombone, and a tuba.
I have a very extensive library. If there is something in particular you are looking for please email me privately. I don't sell music but will certainly send you off looking in the right direction.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.