John Williams Recording

The bulk of the musical talk
docpugh
bugler
bugler

Post by docpugh »

The best one I know of (in my opinion) is the CD "20th century concerti", with the Foundation Philharmonic Orchestra, David Snell conducting. The John Williams tuba concerto is performed by Marc Easener. The album also has a harp concerto, xylophone concerto, as well as saxophone. I ordered my copy from Amazon.com.
==============================
Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr., DO
http://docpugh.mav.net
docpugh@yahoo.com
cbettler
bugler
bugler

Post by cbettler »

Albany Records just released a CD of music performed by the Bowling Green State University Philharmonia. It includes the John Williams Concerto for Tuba as performed by Velvet Brown. This is a spectacular performance of the piece. I think the best place to obtain the recording is at the company's website, which I believe is www.albanyrecords.com. The CD is titled "Music from Bowling Green Vol. 3" or something similar.

Chris Bettler
BVD Press
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by BVD Press »

docpugh wrote:The best one I know of (in my opinion) is the CD "20th century concerti"
Are there others commercially available? That is theonly one I know of that can be purchased.
cbettler
bugler
bugler

Post by cbettler »

The Velvet Brown/BGSU Philharmonia recording is commercially produced. I am sure you can buy it through the comany's website, www.albanyrecords.com. This is brand new, and was only released a couple weeks ago.

Chris Bettler
docpugh
bugler
bugler

Post by docpugh »

BVD Press wrote:
docpugh wrote:The best one I know of (in my opinion) is the CD "20th century concerti"
Are there others commercially available? That is theonly one I know of that can be purchased.
Well, err, umm, like I said, the best one I know of...I guess it's the only one I knew of! Silly me!
docpugh@yahoo.com
BVD Press
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by BVD Press »

Well, err, umm, like I said, the best one I know of...I guess it's the only one I knew of! Silly me![/quote]

I think I will pick up the Velvet Brown CD this week and do a quick comparison. I will let you know how it goes.
docpugh
bugler
bugler

Post by docpugh »

I may try to get a copy of the Velvet Brown recording as well. She is an amazing musician. I really enjoyed her other recordings.
docpugh@yahoo.com