Opinions on the New Hotlon 4 Valve CC?

The bulk of the musical talk
CJ Krause
4 valves
4 valves

Holton CC

Post by CJ Krause »

Last edited by CJ Krause on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TubaDude
bugler
bugler

Post by TubaDude »

I've been using the TU330CCS for about the last year and a half for trio work up to full 7-8 piece dixieland band work. I remember a concert I did last summer up in Sedalia Missouri in which the whole band was mic'd except me. To add to the equation, we were playing in a tent. I had no problem matching the rest of the group's volume level. I think the horn might be a bit small for a full on orchestra, but you would be able to carry a group the size of the Disney World Band no problem with the added benefit of not breaking your back.
TubaDude
1909 King Helicon with 4th Valve Added
1913 York 4 Valve Eb/C Helicon (for sale)
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Opinions on the New Hotlon 4 Valve CC?

Post by WoodSheddin »

Heliconer wrote:I am looking for a tuba that has a wide range of use. Not to big in size but useful in solo, quintet, orchestra, band. I would appreciate your opinions and insight. :D [/img]
If you are talking about the Harvey Phillips Holton, then I hated it. Perhaps you are speaking of something else?
sean chisham
TonyZ
pro musician
pro musician

Post by TonyZ »

How long has it been since you've played one, Sean? I just spoke with Norlan Bewley, and the new run of the horns is significanty better than the first. If anything, they might be worth another look!
Tony Z.
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Post by WoodSheddin »

TonyZ wrote:How long has it been since you've played one, Sean? I just spoke with Norlan Bewley, and the new run of the horns is significanty better than the first. If anything, they might be worth another look!
Perhaps they are different. I played one several years ago.
sean chisham