My New Axe and a question for Sovereign euph players

The bulk of the musical talk
euphdude
bugler
bugler

My New Axe and a question for Sovereign euph players

Post by euphdude »

Last Friday I gave my Sovereign its first bath. And I struggled to remove the tuning slide of the first compensating loop in the rear of the horn. Then I discovered that there WAS NO TUNING slide! It was simply the compensating loop and that is it! All other compensating horns I've played in the past had removable first valve compensating loop tuning slides and I guess I assumed that everyone had it that way. So, yesterday I went to Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center and they had a Prestige that I examined. And it had the tuning slide present. So my question. Is this an anomaly of my horn or do all of the Sovereign euphs lack this feature? It isn't a big deal as the tuning is right where I need to it be on my low Eb and D natural. I was just curious!

Thanks!
Last edited by euphdude on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teubonium
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Teubonium »

My 967 is 2 years old and has a tuning slide on the 1st valve compensating side, though I do not need it. Intonation is fine on the 1-4 combination.

I also have stainless steel pistons while a fellow eupher has an older 967 with monel pistons. The stainless steel are definately faster and have a better "feel".