Atkinson Tuba Mpc.

The bulk of the musical talk
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

Funny that you should mention it...

I ordered the Atkinson H2 last week and the UPS guy showed up with a box today--inside it had a beautiful gold-plated screw-rim horn mouthpiece. Evidently, there's some guy with a horn out there trying to fiigure out how to fit an H2 copy on his F horn. They said they'll straighten it out--apparently the wrong shipping label got put on the box.

But here's some additional tidbits. The fellow I talked with said that apparently few know that they also make component mouthpieces with Doug Elliott compatible threadings.

And they've got hundreds of dies for rotary valves. They were talking about setting up a couple of sizes for tuba valves and wondered what might be a good choice of bores.
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

musician wrote: I have had no further dealings with the man since that time. I think his high end stuff is hand made. The lower priced items I would be careful in purchasing. That's just my opinion.
From my discussions with Mike Anderson at Atkinson I get the impression that they're basically a big machine-shop operation. I don't know where their sheet-metal work is done.

FWIW, UPS showed up the first thing this morning with an overnight return tag. So they're trying to do right by me.