Miraphone Rotary valves?

The bulk of the musical talk
Tigertuba
bugler
bugler

Miraphone Rotary valves?

Post by Tigertuba »

I'm cleaning my Miraphone 188 and trying to figure out how or if you can remove the valve from the housing. I want to take them out so i can clean through the entire line of valves. If anyone has any ideas i'll take them! this is a great forum!
MW 5450
MW 2182
Loud LM-3
G&W Bora SS
A man's success is achieved only by hard work and dedication.
http://www.myspace.com/brassngrass" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Mark

Re: Miraphone Rotary valves?

Post by Mark »

Tigertuba wrote:I'm cleaning my Miraphone 188 and trying to figure out how or if you can remove the valve from the housing. I want to take them out so i can clean through the entire line of valves. If anyone has any ideas i'll take them! this is a great forum!
If you don't know how to take them out, then you shouldn't be doing it. Take your tuba to a good repair shop and have them teach you how to do it.
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

There are a number of web sites and books that provide a good description of how to remove and clean rotary valves. That said, I agree with the previous post, you don't want to do this yourself if you've never done it and don't have the proper tools, such as a small leather mallet.
CJ Krause
4 valves
4 valves

Post by CJ Krause »

Last edited by CJ Krause on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

bloke wrote: Image
Back in the 70's, Miraphone used to pack a little wooden hammer and a dowel and a screwdriver in their little toolkit pouch that came with tubas. I may even have one lurking about...
CJ Krause
4 valves
4 valves

Post by CJ Krause »

Last edited by CJ Krause on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

Chuck(G) wrote: Back in the 70's, Miraphone used to pack a little wooden hammer and a dowel and a screwdriver in their little toolkit pouch that came with tubas. I may even have one lurking about...
I sure wish they still did that....but nowadays someone would find a way to sue Miraphone over their own idiocy of ruining their tuba.
Bleah. If you want to get rid of that one that is lurking about....lemme know.

MA