Reynolds B-sousa missing tuning slide

The bulk of the musical talk
tubamike
lurker
lurker

Reynolds B-sousa missing tuning slide

Post by tubamike »

:?: I bought a 1958 Reynolds B-Sousa in satin silver finish with gold wash bell. It's a great playing horn !
Unfortunately it's missing the first (large) tuning slide with the water outlet. Someone replaced it by a piece from a different make. Do you know where i could get a original part ? :?:
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Re: Reynolds B-sousa missing tuning slide

Post by Dan Schultz »

tubamike wrote::?: I bought a 1958 Reynolds B-Sousa in satin silver finish with gold wash bell. It's a great playing horn !
Unfortunately it's missing the first (large) tuning slide with the water outlet. Someone replaced it by a piece from a different make. Do you know where i could get a original part ? :?:
I don't know if anything is available new but I might have one on some junk valvesets. Send me some dimensions... the OD of the inner slide tube... the length of the slide tubes... and the dimension center to center of the slide tubes.
Last edited by Dan Schultz on Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.