Tuba Concerto with ensemble?

The bulk of the musical talk
Contramark
bugler
bugler

Tuba Concerto with ensemble?

Post by Contramark »

Hey guys. I know this has been discussed before, but I have searched and can't find it.

I was wondering where you could find parts for the gregson tuba concerto with wind ensemble as the backround voices.

Also the Vaughn Williams?

Mark
tubapress
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Tuba Concerto with ensemble?

Post by tubapress »

Contramark wrote:Hey guys. I know this has been discussed before, but I have searched and can't find it.

I was wondering where you could find parts for the gregson tuba concerto with wind ensemble as the backround voices.

Also the Vaughn Williams?

Mark
Hi Mark,

You can order the complete set of parts from J.W. Pepper Music (www.jwpepper.com). It costs $150. I would call first to find out if it includes a score! They have the score listed separately at $40, so its unclear whether they are separate purchases. For my money, that wind ensemble arrangement is the best version of the Gregson out there. Very imaginative...especially quasi-jazz spot in the 3rd movement with the tuba, clarinet and vibraphone!

I only know that the orchestral version of the VW is rental only. The actual orchestral parts will be available for rental only through Oxford (phone (212)726-6049; fax (212)726-6444). I am unsure about the wind ensemble version.

Good luck!
Gary Press
gary_press@yahoo.com" target="_blank