Me & My Tuba, Add You & Yours Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted.

Re: Me & My Tuba, Add You & Yours

Postby djwpe » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Doc wrote:
djwpe wrote:Man, Schlep. You're a tall one. I have a 496 Hagen and in have to adjust the stand to keep the bottom bow between my thighs to get the mouthpiece to my mouth. If I held it the way you're holding it, the mouthpiece would hit me in the forehead.

I've tried a 496, and though that pic might be deceiving, it's no small tuba. I've also stood next to Wayne more than once. He is one tall drink of water, that's for sure. And I'm very proud (and a bit envious) he acquired a new Hagen.

You and I are in agreement. I find it a big 5/4 tuba, and he makes it look like a F.

BTW, Doc, I have the TU-43 that came with my 496 that I'm not presently using. PM me and let's work out a loan for trial per your earlier.

Don
djwpe
bugler
bugler

Postby Bob Kolada » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:18 pm

djwpe wrote:Man, Schlep. You're a tall one. I have a 496 Hagen and in have to adjust the stand to keep the bottom bow between my thighs to get the mouthpiece to my mouth. If I held it the way you're holding it, the mouthpiece would hit me in the forehead.

I played the Siegfried at Midwest some years ago and Marcus (and I think Steve Ferguson? he was right next door) laughed at how it looked like a "normal tuba" on me... :mrgreen:
Bob Kolada
6 valves
6 valves

Postby TheTuba » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:36 am

Welp, the time has come

TheTuba( Raghul :shock: ) with his "tried and true" Miraphone 186

Taken before my Region 31 concert preformance

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... EfpZ1aB-pF
Still searching for a 8/4 EEb
I mean if you want to, you can buy me the tuba in my name :P
If you're selling a good BBb or CC 5/4 or large 4/4 with 5 valves in 2021 under 6,000, please, contact me!
TheTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Previous

Return to TubeNet