Keating Johnson passed away.

The bulk of the musical talk
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Keating Johnson passed away.

Post by WoodSheddin »

I received the following messaged forwarded to me by a member of this BBS. I am so sorry for those who knew him well.

Dear friends,
Keating Johnson died last night around 9:00 pm. His wife Janet and mother were at home and reported that he passed on peacefully. I will share memorial service details as soon as they are available. I have offered to Janet and the WSU folks to assemble a tuba/euph ensemble. They've had many music offers thus far. We'll see what they want to do.
I will contact Janet and work on an obituary for the ITEA journal.

Janet is assembling a memory book. Her email request:

I am sending this out to everyone in our address book. As many of know, Keating has brain cancer and is now in the Hospice program. His mother and I are caring for him at home with the support of all the great people of Hospice. If any of you have any particular memory of Keating, it would mean a lot to us if you would send an e-mail (or snail mail) with the memory. Please pass the word on to anyone you talk to who knows Keating. Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.

Janet Johnson
wiita@pullman.com
1115 SW Alvar
Pullman, WA 99163
509-334-7202

Keep smiling, friends! While I am so sad that Keat has finally moved on, I am relieved that his suffering is finally over. He will be greatly missed.

Torrey
sean chisham