violin/ tuba duet

The bulk of the musical talk
me
bugler
bugler

violin/ tuba duet

Post by me »

does anybody know of any duets for violin and tuba? i know that there are some nehlybel duets, any others? also i'm interested in where to buy the music once i find it.
Mike Forbes
pro musician
pro musician

Jan Koetsier

Post by Mike Forbes »

On April 20th, I'm doing an "ALL KOETSIER" tuba recital here at Illinois State, and one piece I'm playing is called: Unterkagner Ländler for Violin (or Cello) and Tuba Duet. It was written in 1980 and has 6 short movements. I don't believe it is still in print, however...though I could be wrong about this. You might want to do some searching on the internet--I happened to find this work in our music library. It's a pretty neat/pleasing piece. It's playable on CC, but definitely more suitable for E-flat/F tuba (Bass) tuba.

All the best,
Mike
Steve Marcus
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Steve Marcus »

There are also published violin/tuba duets written by William Presser and Arthur Frackenpohl.

This was discussed some months ago on the old TubeNet; a search there may yield some good results.
Steve Marcus
http://www.facebook.com/steve.marcus.88
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Jeremy K.
bugler
bugler

Post by Jeremy K. »

There is also a violin/tuba duet by PDQ Bach. I've never heard it, but I have the music, and it looks like fun. I think it is called "The Only Piece Ever Written for Violin and Tuba".

Jeremy K.
Jeremy Knudtson

"Well broccoli, mother says you're good for me, but I'm no good for you!!!"