WTB: King CC Tuba

The bulk of the musical talk
hbcrandy
4 valves
4 valves

WTB: King CC Tuba

Post by hbcrandy »

Hello. I am back again.

I am looking for a King CC, rotary valved tuba from the Early part of the 20th century.

I owned one back in the 1980's and sold it. It was a satin silver finish with a gold washed inner bell. If anyone has this tuba and is interested in parting with it, please contact me. This instrument would have been purchased from Mark Jones in Buffalo, NY. in the early to middle 1980's.

I am also interested in any other King CC tubas that are for sale.

Thank you.
Randy Harrison
Proprietor,
Harrison Brass
Baltimore, Maryland USA
http://www.harrisonbrass.com
Instructor of Applied Brass Performance
Maryland Conservatory of Music
Bel Air and Havre de Grace, Maryland USA
http://www.musicismagic.com
Daniel C. Oberloh
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Daniel C. Oberloh »

I have a late 20's CC, four piston, .750'' bore that is slated for restoration next year. It has a detachable upright bell and a recording bell. It is currently playable but I think its time to put something back into it as it has had little work done to it. I used it for trad-jazz gigs because my HB-2P's upright bell was not able to give the sound I wanted where the recording bell on the King did the trick at dance halls and on outdoor stages. Contact me privately if you are seriously interested.

Daniel C. Oberloh
Oberloh Woodwind and Brass Works
Saving the world, one horn at a time...

www.oberloh.com
dcoberloh@oberloh.com
Sam Gnagey
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Sam Gnagey »

You might like one of the conversion horns tha I put together. The body is King 2341 with .687" bore. I use vitange bells from King, Holton and York monster Ebs. I used some of the King CC rotary horns when I studied with Bill Bell at IU. I know that the piston horns from my shop play a lot better than the old rotary ones. Contact me if you're interested.