My "New" Toy!

The bulk of the musical talk
roughrider
4 valves
4 valves

Re: My "New" Toy!

Post by roughrider »

A really great thread that I enjoyed reading again after learning of the sale of your horn. The posts by folks such as yourself and the Elephant and others who have the skill to do this type of work is tremendous! Please post again if you choose to do another "project horn"!
1930 King "Symphony" Recording Bass BBb
1916 Holton "Mammoth" Upright Bass BBb
1994 King 2341 Upright Bass BBb
Wedge H2 Solo mouthpieces
Stofer-Geib mouthpieces
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

Thanks guys, I too enjoyed looking over the thread and seeing how far this horn came from when I got it.

I do have another project in works, I'm just waiting on funds to purchase more parts. I have a 1918 top action King Eb that has a killer low end (even for a three-banger) that I'm wanting to "flip" to front action and add a fourth and possibly fifth valve to.

I'm waiting to purchase another Conn 12J to harvest the valve section from in order to make a four-valve set (unless someone has a junker they want to donate...). I'm hoping for a very nimble horn with a great low end that can be my polka horn, or my "whenever I don't want to take my 4/4 horn" horn.
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

And thanks for mention my skills and Wade's in the same sentence :) Mine are very much in the range of the "home hack" compared to the other repair folks on here. But I sure do enjoy doing what I can!
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.