Thank you to all teachers...

The bulk of the musical talk
Wes Krygsman
3 valves
3 valves

Thank you to all teachers...

Post by Wes Krygsman »

After reading the proud papa post about a teacher(Scott Mendoker) having 3 students in the finals of the Marine Band auditions, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where everyone gets to publicly thank their teachers for everything they've done for us.

My 2 teachers, Frank Ortega & Kyle Turner, have been truly amazing to me. I began lessons with Frank my junior year in high school and he worked with me on the fundamentals, etudes, and solos hard enough to help me make it into 1st chair region band, region orchestra, and 3rd chair all state band. I hadn't even been playing for 3 years yet. I attribute any scholarship money I recieved to his hard work teaching me. He still continues to give me great ideas about playing. Then comes my applied teacher at school, Kyle Turner. Even though I'm just finishing up my 2nd semester with him, I can already tell how much his teaching is also improving my playing. Being with the NY Phil brass section gave him so many new ideas about playing and he brings those tips/tricks into each lesson. He has been great working with me to get me ready for juries especially. So thank you both for having such an impact on my playing and my life.
Wes Krygsman

Adjunct professor-Kean University
Freelance musician-NJ/NYC area & private lessons

Nirschl York 6/4 CC
Yamaha 821 F
Cerveny 601 Kaiser BBb
Yamaha Ybb 103 BBb
Conn 36k Fiberglass sousaphone BBb
CJ Krause
4 valves
4 valves

Post by CJ Krause »

Last edited by CJ Krause on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
docpugh
bugler
bugler

Post by docpugh »

My music teachers have meant the world to me. Ray Vitullo of Austintown, Ohio, was my high school band director, and Betty Shultz was the assistant band director. They gave 110% to their jobs and we had a terrific band.

In college, I had Richard Jacoby and Dave Borsvold as tuba professors at Kent State University. Even though I was not planning on a career in music or as a professional musician, they never gave me anything less than the best. I learned so much about tubas and playing music from them.

Thank you to all from the bottom of my heart for making such a positive impact on my life!
==============================
Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr., DO
http://docpugh.mav.net
docpugh@yahoo.com
==============================