Wenger practice room price

The bulk of the musical talk
Jeff Keller
bugler
bugler

Wenger practice room price

Post by Jeff Keller »

Has anyone put one of the winger practice rooms in their home? If not, how about installing them in your school? How much did one of these run you, including installation? Can these be torn down, moved locations, and set back up?

I know price varies in size and bells and whistles.. Size needs to fit a tubist, complete with tuba, with no bells and whistles.

Thanks everyone,

J
The United States Army Band, "Pershing's Own"
PT-6S
MW2250
Mark

Re: Wenger practice room price

Post by Mark »

I don't know specifics; but I'd guess $15,000 - $20,000.
ralphbsz
bugler
bugler

Post by ralphbsz »

Contact Bridgepoint Music in Menlo Park, CA for details. They are fabulous little music store, owned by a tuba player (James Manganaro) who is also a great brass technician. And they sell these practice rooms as kits, and have one set up in the showroom. I think James uses it for practicing when there are no customers. They can probably give you a hint.
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

I looked into a competitor, Whisper Room, at one time. You could get a 8X8 with ventilation for less than $10,000.You could probably buy the sound cancelling stuff and build your own for half that.
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
chronolith
4 valves
4 valves

Post by chronolith »

tbn.al wrote:I looked into a competitor, Whisper Room, at one time. You could get a 8X8 with ventilation for less than $10,000.You could probably buy the sound cancelling stuff and build your own for half that.
Can you tell a bit about what you found in terms of sound cancelling stuff? I am looking at contractors now and would be interested to try and incorporate something.
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

The stuff you see on band room walls is made by Sonex and costs about $3.50 a square foot. It was going to cost me about $2000 for a 10X10 room. I decided I didn't need it that bad.
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
UDELBR
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Post by UDELBR »

Curmudgeon wrote:Anyone ever see one of these in person?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor ... all-1141vb
That looks like just foam sheets. The *only* thing that inhibits passage of "tuba noise" is mass.
burningchrome
bugler
bugler

Post by burningchrome »

The United States Air Force Band (in DC) has one for their main rehearsal hall. I'm told it cost $800,000.
Rob Goeke
--
Trained to kill and play the tuba.
ken k
6 valves
6 valves

Post by ken k »

you could always call Wenger and ask.....

We had two installed at our school about 6 years ago but I have no idea how much they cost.

they were great to work with however. I will say while they may not be cheap, their products are generally very well made and will last a long time.
http://www.wengercorp.com" target="_blank

ken k
Yamaha YEB-381
Mirafone 187 BBb
1919 Pan American BBb Helicon
1924 Buescher BBb tuba (Dr. Suessaphone)
Black plastic Coolwind BBb tuba
2001 Mazda Miata
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650
asheh
lurker
lurker

Post by asheh »

These Wenger rooms are super expensive brand new, and very solidly constructed. I think they are in the tens of thousands of dollars. I have one for sale for $1800, which is a really great deal. I'm located in Santa Clara, CA, for local pickup only. Room details and my contact info are at the below posting:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63131" target="_blank
jamsav
3 valves
3 valves

Post by jamsav »

burningchrome wrote:The United States Air Force Band (in DC) has one for their main rehearsal hall. I'm told it cost $800,000.
Clearly a government contract
http://www.westchestersymphonicwinds.org" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank"
King 2341-MAW valves, GW Taku, Sellmansberger Symphony
Conn USN 20k, PT-44
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Post by tofu »

jamsav wrote:
burningchrome wrote:The United States Air Force Band (in DC) has one for their main rehearsal hall. I'm told it cost $800,000.
Clearly a government contract
Let's be fair - most of that went into the custom soundproof toilet seat.
jbaylies
5 valves
5 valves

Post by jbaylies »

there's a Wenger practice room for sale, right here, on tubenet, for $1800

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63131" target="_blank" target="_blank

edit: oops, did't see the post at the top of the page :/
ufoneum
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ufoneum »

I just priced these for my music store. They're $300 per square foot (delivered and installed) for the version with no electronics, and $350 per square foot for the V-tech electronic version.

So, if you wanted an 8 foot x 5 foot space, you'd be starting at $12,000. There are much better ways to spend $12k, which is why I didn't end up getting the fancy rooms for the store.

Keep in mind that price includes all of the lighting, air conditioning, etc. -- there is a lot of technology in them, so I guess they cost what they cost. My thoughts on the subject is that most people buying them are government (read: schools and military) contracts, and money is generally appropriated based on a bid for whatever is needed.

Hope this helps.

- Pat Stuckemeyer
Assistant Prof. of Music - Kentucky Wesleyan College (Owensboro, KY)
Buffet Crampon and Besson Performing Artist
Conductor, River Brass Band (Evansville, IN)
Treasurer, International Tuba Euphonium Association
facebook.com/stuckemeyer
patstuckemeyer.com