Chicago/Milwaukee area accompanist needed 5/2/4

The bulk of the musical talk
Aubrey Foard
pro musician
pro musician

Chicago/Milwaukee area accompanist needed 5/2/4

Post by Aubrey Foard »

Hi all -

Looking for an accompanist for a recital in Milwaukee on May 2nd. I'll be in Milwaukee a couple of days before the recital so I'd gladly commute to Chicago to rehearse. Anyone you'd recommend (preferably w/tuba experience)?

Thanks,
Aubrey
Steve Marcus
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Steve Marcus »

Aubrey:

Yoko Yamada-Selvaggio is a fantastic accompanist who is very familiar with tuba repertoire.

Even at the very swift tempo that Rex Martin performs the Hindemith Sonata, you should hear how flawlessly Yoko plays the tough piano part in that third movement!

She can probably be contacted through the Northwestern University School of Music office.

What time and where in Milwaukee is your recital? What prompted the occasion? What pieces are you playing? (You may want to post this topic on the "Upcoming Events" Forum.)

Good luck,
Steve Marcus
http://www.facebook.com/steve.marcus.88
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
mceuph
bugler
bugler

Post by mceuph »

Hey Aubrey,

There was a woman who lived in the Shorewood area who is very good, but I can't for the life of me remember her name. She's only about a mile away from UWM. Al would know her name, you should give him a call. I've used her several times and she's an outstanding accompanist.

All the best,

Martin Cochran
Aubrey Foard
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Aubrey Foard »

Unfortunately, Yoko Yamada and Kay Kim are unavailable. And last I checked, Stephanie Jacobs no longer does low brass rep because of a personal injury. Thanks for the suggestions! Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,
Aubrey