hacksaws & Rudolf Meinl 5/4 CC tubas

The bulk of the musical talk
Tuba-G Bass
bugler
bugler

Re: hacksaws & Rudolf Meinl 5/4 CC tubas

Post by Tuba-G Bass »

Hi Joe,
Is the 5/4 Rudy CC in question the one with the newer computer designed leadpipe?
I have a BBb 5/4 Rudy, and it's the most air efficient Tuba I have ever played, also the easiest to play soft.
It does have the older style leadpipe, that has the "swoop" circuit typical of older European rotor BARTs
I am not sure of the age, other than is says "Made in Germany" so it's after reunification.
My Rudy and CBT.jpg
and this is what the newer leadpipe is like on the current 5/4 BBb Bayreuth Rudy
5-4_B-Tuba_Modell_Bayreuth_4_Zylinder_Ventile_Trigger_am_2_Zug.jpg
The Miraphone Contrabass Trombone, that is the Air Hog...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Paul Lewis
Community/Church Musician
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

bloke wrote:Actually, I had our secretary, Miss Crane, design my RM 5/4 mouthpipe here in the United States - on our own computer, the Flofax 5000®. :|
Sorry, I just gotta do it: bloke, have you considered introducing Flo to Hal?
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Sam Gnagey
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Sam Gnagey »

When I was using my 5/4 Rudy I found that the Marcienkowiez N-series mouthpieces were advantageous in making the horn more air-efficient. They have a pretty narrow throat opening and brightened up the sound with more projection within the orchestra.
pjv
4 valves
4 valves

Post by pjv »

Hmm,
This also opens the possibility to change the mouthpipe angle without having to fabricate an entire new mouthpipe.