Cerveny Tuba question

The bulk of the musical talk
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Cerveny Tuba question

Post by bigtubby »

toobagrowl wrote:I saw a pic of Bob Tucci holding a very similar Eb tuba years ago. Might have been a Stowasser Eb?
That is maybe the largest or one of the largest Eb tubas I've seen :!: This Cerveny Eb looks very similar. Report back sometime and let us know how it plays/sounds :tuba:
FWIW I am currently restoring a similar Cerveny in F (with an Eb MTS and markings on the slide legs for the Eb slide).

I am curious about the dimensions of the OP tuba. Mine is 43" long overall with a bore of .817" (20.75mm). Beautiful, heavily engraved instrument.
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Post by bigtubby »

Badges: The Cerveny F tuba that I have wears a pretty heavy NS badge:

Which is effectively identical to the badge on my BBb tornister but with a very nicely executed border. Both almost certainly before 1918 (end of WW-I).
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
reastman1952
lurker
lurker

Post by reastman1952 »

bigtubby wrote:
toobagrowl wrote:I saw a pic of Bob Tucci holding a very similar Eb tuba years ago. Might have been a Stowasser Eb?
That is maybe the largest or one of the largest Eb tubas I've seen :!: This Cerveny Eb looks very similar. Report back sometime and let us know how it plays/sounds :tuba:
FWIW I am currently restoring a similar Cerveny in F (with an Eb MTS and markings on the slide legs for the Eb slide).

I am curious about the dimensions of the OP tuba. Mine is 43" long overall with a bore of .817" (20.75mm). Beautiful, heavily engraved instrument.

Don't know what the bore is on the Eb but the length is 39" with 17" bell, 21" top width and 18" bottom width. It is similarly engraved at the valve connectors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.