Reynolds 12 tuba mouthpiece

The bulk of the musical talk
Greg Lecewicz
bugler
bugler

Reynolds 12 tuba mouthpiece

Post by Greg Lecewicz »

I wonder if anybody has the specs to this mouthpiece. There is no info on line anywhere! Google failed here. It says Dr. Young model. The box is labeled " sousa " .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: Reynolds 12 tuba mouthpiece

Post by iiipopes »

Would you consider selling it?

Take a picture of the mouthpiece from the "front" with a good steel millimeter rule laid across the rim with the edge at the diameter. We can extrapolate from there.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Untersatz
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Untersatz »

I have one of these & it's an awesome mouthpiece!
It is a fairly heavy mp with a wide rim (rounded on outer edge) & a pretty sharp inner edge with
approx. measurements........inner rim dia. is 32.3 mm with a 9.4mm rim width & a throat size of 8.4mm
The cup Is just slightly deeper than a Blokepiece Symphony
IMG_0246.JPG
IMG_0247.JPG
IMG_0248.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
King 2341 (New Style)
B&S PT-600 (GR55) BBb
Blokepiece "Symphony"
bill
3 valves
3 valves

Post by bill »

That is beautiful. What you are measuring is pretty much like either a Yamaha Canadian Brass or a Josef Klier T-4A. A Miraphone TU-21 is also close but won't have nearly so wide a rim.

A local resident, about a mile away from me has a Reynolds mouthpiece, somewhat smaller than this one, which I would love to have for an F tuba mouthpiece but he is using it for a Christmas tree decoration and is sure it is worth a lot of money because I showed a little interest in it. It is stuck in the receiver but he sawed 6" of that that off so he could use it on his tree.

:?
Always make a good sound; audiences will forget if you miss a note but making a good sound will get you the next job.