3 valves

yo, homie:

Post by kontrabass »

Buy it.
Wes Krygsman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Wes Krygsman »

I was wondering if someone could e-mail me the routine also. I've never heard of it before this post. Thanks
sk8rdood84@aol.com
Wes Krygsman

Adjunct professor-Kean University
Freelance musician-NJ/NYC area & private lessons

Nirschl York 6/4 CC
Yamaha 821 F
Cerveny 601 Kaiser BBb
Yamaha Ybb 103 BBb
Conn 36k Fiberglass sousaphone BBb
Tubaguy41
lurker
lurker

Post by Tubaguy41 »

Uh, it's really just a basic warm up...there's nothing special about it. And there's nothing to buy, it's a collection of stuff from other method books, etc. Nothing to get 'excited' about.
The Impaler
3 valves
3 valves

Post by The Impaler »

Blanche! Good to hear from you......you're looking a little red this morning. still got my packet from this summer, but I don't have a scanner or anything like that. I could fax it to you I guess............anyways, let me know if you need it. See ya soon!!!
Cale Self

Assistant Professor of Music
Acting Director of Bands & Instructor of Low Brass
University of West Georgia
Carrollton, GA
Tubaguy41
lurker
lurker

Post by Tubaguy41 »

Blanchard wrote:However, if you don't use it correctly of course it's just notes on a page.
You could say that for any warm up. And I'll agree with you, that the 'warm up' is a great developmental tool. However, if you do any warm up consistantly, and focus on improving various aspects of your playing every time you run through it, then it can be just as great.

My point is, people shouldn't be under the assumption that just because you do the Pat and Sam warm up, that you'll instantly be a better player. I could play that warm up over and over again, but with out the focus, or consistency, I'll just end up getting more time on my horn. It's not what you practice/play, it's HOW you practice/play.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Sam/Pat's Daily Routine

Post by TubaRay »

I am getting progressively interests in this routine. Is there any chance someone could post them on this board for ALL of us to see?
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
Mark

Re: Sam/Pat's Daily Routine

Post by Mark »

TubaRay wrote:I am getting progressively interests in this routine. Is there any chance someone could post them on this board for ALL of us to see?
If yout don't have the Breathing Gym book and Video/DVD, I'd recommend buying it. I know Brian sells them at Windsong.
JB
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Sam/Pat's Daily Routine

Post by JB »

TubaRay wrote:I am getting progressively interests in this routine. Is there any chance someone could post them on this board for ALL of us to see?
I strongly second that request -- I'm sure that a great many of us are interested and would certainly appreciate some of you "sharing with the class."

Many thanks in advance to whoever is able to enlighten the rest of us Tubenet readers.
tmmcas1
pro musician
pro musician

the warm up

Post by tmmcas1 »

First off let me say that I don't have a computer version of Sam and Pat's routine. Otherwise I would probably post it. There is nothing revolutionary in the written exercises. They are a compilation of Clark, Jacobs, Arbans and Vizutti studies. What is far more important than the studies is how they are played and how they are used. For this you need to study with either Sam or Pat. They are more than willing to share the ins and outs of their warm up philosiphies. I know they prefer this to just handing out what appear to be a compilation of very good exercises. and having people misunderstand why the studies are there. Pat and Sam have talked about publishing the warm up but the undertaking of explaning their pedagogy with the warm up would take far more time than they have recently had.

regards,
Tom McCaslin
JB
pro musician
pro musician

Re: the warm up

Post by JB »

tmmcas1 wrote:First off let me say that I don't have a computer version of Sam and Pat's routine. Otherwise I would probably post it. There is nothing revolutionary in the written exercises. They are a compilation of Clark, Jacobs, Arbans and Vizutti studies. What is far more important than the studies is how they are played and how they are used. For this you need to study with either Sam or Pat. They are more than willing to share the ins and outs of their warm up philosiphies. I know they prefer this to just handing out what appear to be a compilation of very good exercises. and having people misunderstand why the studies are there. Pat and Sam have talked about publishing the warm up but the undertaking of explaning their pedagogy with the warm up would take far more time than they have recently had.

regards,
Tom McCaslin
First, let me say that I COMPLETELY understand your point and what you have explained. No disagreement here on any of that. Of course the application and intent are non-existent without direct input from either Mr Pilafian or Mr Sheridan.

There is another perspective to this, however.

In my instance, and I’m sure many others out there are in similar circumstance, I have a few performance degrees under my belt, have studied under some “heavies,â€