Music for upcoming recital.

The bulk of the musical talk
Dean
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Music for upcoming recital.

Post by Dean »

mgiroi1 wrote:Ok. I have a few questions? Does anyone know where i can get a piano part for the goldman-scherzo. I have checked Bernel and Rkingmusic, but neither have sent anything. Also i would like to know of any music that is good for a euph recital. I am already playing Rondo for Trumpet, Czardas, Midnight Euphonium, and Scherzo(If i can get the piano part) I only need two or three more pieces. I am a sophmore at LSU, and just want some input. Difficulty doesnt matter(the harder the better)
I have a copy of the Goldman Scherzo--with the piano accomp. I dont remember where I bought it, but it is published by Shawnee Press.

I know the pieces you are playing, except for the Rondo--how long is that piece? Otherwise, the other pieces are rather short--I'd reccomend at least one long-ish piece. Maybe the Mozart Bassoon Concerto? Better yet, what style/flavor of piece(s) were you looking for to round out your recital?

Oh ya, and who teaches tuba/euph at LSU? I know a few graduates of there, but they, for the most part, play other instruments. They are some good players!
Highams
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Highams »

Take up Knuxie's (Ken's) offer at least of Ballade, if not the others, these are excellent pieces !

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk
Aspire & Be Inspired !