STOLEN: B&S PT-20 ***RECOVERED***

The bulk of the musical talk
unclepenny
bugler
bugler

STOLEN: B&S PT-20 ***RECOVERED***

Post by unclepenny »

If anyone could keep an eye out for my tuba it would mean a lot. I moved out of my NYC apartment a couple weeks ago. When I went back to retrieve my belongings my tuba was not there. I've notified the police that my (ex)-roomate must have sold it either online or to a pawn shop in the area. I was living in West Harlem. Here are the details about the horn.

B&S Perantucci PT-20 CC
Silver 5 rotary valves
No mp, black gig bag
Serial# 362710
Purchased May 14th 2010 from Custom Music International LLC

Thanks to all that see this, hoping it turns up.

-Adam
Last edited by unclepenny on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unclepenny
bugler
bugler

Re: STOLEN: B&S PT-20

Post by unclepenny »

Update:

Long story short, she listed it on ebay and was in email correspondence with Baltimore Brass to try and sell it. That along with the purchase invoice was enough evidence to file a police report. She had someone drive her down to Baltimore a few days ago to sell it but Andrew refused to buy it and called the police. This is before a report was filed so nothing could be done and she went home with the tuba. A couple days later I received a call from my college tuba professor Michael Salzman that he had gone into J Landress Brass in NYC, (never been there before in his life) was browsing and asked about my horn. Josh Landress said she called 20 minutes earlier and made an appointment to bring it in the next day! I raced down to NYC and filed a police report that morning. She tried to file the serial number off but they were still able to make it out. She was booked and the tuba is now sitting as evidence, hope to have it back within a week. A big thanks goes out to Andrew, Jeff and Pete from Baltimore Brass, Josh from J Landress Brass, the guys on here that linked me to the ebay page, Alex, Sean, Mr. Salzman, Officer Torres, Detective Thomas and the other officers from the 28th precinct, my friends, family and everyone else. I thought that horn was going to be gone for good, very relieved I'm going to get it back.

-Adam
TubaTodd
4 valves
4 valves

Re: STOLEN: B&S PT-20 ***RECOVERED***

Post by TubaTodd »

That is AWESOME news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we had my wife's flute scammed away from us, we were 3 states away from the buyer. I wish we caught her. It would be awesome if it were the same person, but not likely. She wasn't from Houston by any chance was she?
Todd Morgan
Conn 52J - Sidey SSH Classic - MF3H
unclepenny
bugler
bugler

Post by unclepenny »

TubaTodd wrote:She wasn't from Houston by any chance was she?
Nope, Southern Cali...
TubaTodd
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TubaTodd »

Any chance she's been pulling similar musical instrument thefts in other parts of the US? Can you PM me her name. I'll compare notes.
Todd Morgan
Conn 52J - Sidey SSH Classic - MF3H