Senior recital video

The bulk of the musical talk
theatomizer13
bugler
bugler

Senior recital video

Post by theatomizer13 »

Hello everyone!

I just finished uploading my senior recital to youtube. I played the Concerto in One Movement by Lebedev, Six Studies in English Folsksong By R.V. Williams, Serenade No 12 by Persichetti, and the Vaughan Williams Tuba concerto. Feel free to leave comments. Overall I feel happy about it, I know I made mistakes (and you will too), however I really put alot of effort into it that I believe paid off rather well. Let me know your thoughts (you can be honest, it wont hurt my feelings) just don't be rude or troll.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/zhjFbtTwVgY" target="_blank
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Senior recital video

Post by toobagrowl »

There were some good moments of music-making. I liked your sound and bite on a lot of the louder stuff. I think when you are working out parts in practice that you need to carefully listen to the pitches and make sure you are hitting them. You can slow them down or change the octave, then get them 'right' by performance time. I played some of the same stuff on my senior recital. The Persichetti has a lot of weird intervals in it that you just need to work out slowly in the practice room before the recital. I know I had to.

Is that a Nirschl or BMB 4/4 CC? :tuba:
theatomizer13
bugler
bugler

Post by theatomizer13 »

Thanks for the comments. I like getting the thoughts of outside people to validate something I think or give me a new perspective. I really appreciate it!

The CC is a Besson and the f is a meinl Wesson
MacedoniaTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by MacedoniaTuba »

I only heard the concertos and they sound quite musical and nice. I like the warm sound you produce. I guess you have to work on the attack litttle bit more,but overall quite good performance. Good luck with your further career. Cheers.
Meinl Weston Tuono