Has anyone transcribed Rich Matteson's tuba playing?

The bulk of the musical talk
Art Hovey
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Has anyone transcribed Rich Matteson's tuba playing?

Post by Art Hovey »

I think the notation software I was using back then was called "Music Writer" by Pyware.
There are plenty of better ones out there now. Sorry I neglected to put the chord symbols into the other chart, but you can find them in any fakebook. (The "Creole Fakebook" can be downloaded free, in several transpositions including bass clef; just google it.)

I don't remember which issue the Matteson solo transcription(s) were published. Maybe I will go through the stack of journals to find them some day when I am snowed in, if I remember.
BopEuph
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Has anyone transcribed Rich Matteson's tuba playing?

Post by BopEuph »

Art Hovey wrote:I think the notation software I was using back then was called "Music Writer" by Pyware.
There are plenty of better ones out there now.
Thanks. No problem. I'm a professional copyist and thought it was interesting to see a font style that's like something out of decades past. It's just pretty cool to see.
Art Hovey wrote:Sorry I neglected to put the chord symbols into the other chart, but you can find them in any fakebook. (The "Creole Fakebook" can be downloaded free, in several transpositions including bass clef; just google it.)
Creole Fakebook? I've got over 100 fakebooks, but not that one! Though, I probably don't need it, with that many...and Avalon is in plenty of those books, lol. And iReal Pro has replaced the need of any of them these days!
Art Hovey wrote:I don't remember which issue the Matteson solo transcription(s) were published. Maybe I will go through the stack of journals to find them some day when I am snowed in, if I remember.
Heh. No rush. Looks like yours are pretty accurate.
Nick