Glen Cronkhite Gig Bags

The bulk of the musical talk
Bove
pro musician
pro musician

Glen Cronkhite Gig Bags

Post by Bove »

What's the best way to order one of Glen Cronkhite's Gig Bags? Anyone know? Thanks for the info!
Andrew Bove
Freelance Tuba NYC
AndrewBove.com
Producer/Audio Engineer
BoveAudio.com
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Glen Cronkhite Gig Bags

Post by WoodSheddin »

WillA wrote:I just purchased one through Baltimore Brass Company...so that could be one option for you.
That is who I bought mine from also.
sean chisham
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Re: Glen Cronkhite Gig Bags

Post by Rick Denney »

Bove wrote:What's the best way to order one of Glen Cronkhite's Gig Bags? Anyone know? Thanks for the info!
In addition to Baltimore Brass, Tony Clements at Low Brass Werks also sells them. He's in the Bay Area, so it depends on what coast you are on.

Rick "happy to buy from either source" Denney
Stefan
bugler
bugler

Post by Stefan »

I ordered my case through - http://home.comcast.net/~stevenferguson/Tuba.htm

He was excellent to work with. I gave him the exact dimentions of my tuba and I got a perfectly fitting bag. I might be wrong, but I think some of the other retailers may only have stock sizes - not custom. If a stock size is what you need, then fine. But Steve was very good to work with.

Stefan Antwarg
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

Actually Donna Altieri will custom make a bag for just about any horn. I have seen helicon bags and large recording bell tuba bags that she has made.

http://www.altieribags.com/

I would say that the most protective bag that I have though is the Winter/Soundwear bag for my Besson 983. It has a sturdy inner lining and a bell protection area that so far has provided good protection.
Tom
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tom »

Lew wrote:
I would say that the most protective bag that I have though is the Winter/Soundwear bag for my Besson 983. It has a sturdy inner lining and a bell protection area that so far has provided good protection.
:?: I've heard a few people mention Soundwear bags over the last couple years. Where do you get them in the United States? All I can find are the euphonium bags.

Thanks!
Bove
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Bove »

Thanks for all the info!
Andrew Bove
Freelance Tuba NYC
AndrewBove.com
Producer/Audio Engineer
BoveAudio.com
chuck neidhardt
lurker
lurker

Cronkhite Bags

Post by chuck neidhardt »

Cronkhite was the designer of the original RB bags. The new Cronkhite bags I think are even better than the original RB bags. He was the first to come up with a bag for the King 2341 and it fits perfectly. I ordered mine directly from Cronkhite himself.

C. Neidhardt

WillA wrote:
Duncan wrote:r they good bags, cuz i got a reunion blues, one of the older softer ones, and i want to look for a new one. It looked to me that reunion blues had a sort of semi-hard one on their website. any info would b appreciated! :D
The Chronkhite bags are almost identical to the Reunion Blues bags. I personally think they are good bags. The only complaint I have about my Chronkhite bag would be the leather flap on the bottom. On my old RB bag, the flap at the base of the bag was on the bottom....so when I unzipped the bag it wasn't really in the way. The Chronkhite bag, on mine at least, has the flap on top and is a pain to unzip. That is my only real complaint. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Chuck Neidhardt
Bove
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Bove »

How do you contact Cronkhite directly?
Andrew Bove
Freelance Tuba NYC
AndrewBove.com
Producer/Audio Engineer
BoveAudio.com
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

Tom wrote:
Lew wrote:
:?: I've heard a few people mention Soundwear bags over the last couple years. Where do you get them in the United States? All I can find are the euphonium bags.

Thanks!
I got mine from Dillon Music. I don't know how many sizes they carry, or if they have many in stock. I do know that their price was much less than that listed on the soundwear website:

http://www.soundwear.com/shopus/index.htm