Bought a new Eastman EBC-632 CC tuba

The bulk of the musical talk
Matt Walters
The Tuba Whisperer
The Tuba Whisperer

Re: Bought a new Eastman EBC-632 CC tuba

Post by Matt Walters »

So is this Eastman horn more able to throw out sound in a large group when playing alone on a low part?
Not every tuba matches every player. You'll have to try one for yourself, and decide for yourself.
Matt Walters
Last chair tubist
Who Cares What Ensemble
Owns old tubas that play better than what you have.
Guest User
bugler
bugler

Post by Guest User »

Matt Walters wrote:
So is this Eastman horn more able to throw out sound in a large group when playing alone on a low part?
Not every tuba matches every player. You'll have to try one for yourself, and decide for yourself.
Fair enough!
This space intentionally left blank.
Kayla
bugler
bugler

Post by Kayla »

jsmn4vu wrote:
Andy Rummel wrote:I received my Eastman CC tuba 5 days ago
Andy, thanks for that post on a couple levels. One of them is, it moved me to check on the status of my order, placed the first week of March. Word is the container has arrived, and the tuba should be here in a week to 10 days. Woot! :tuba:
Still waiting for mine, I was told my tuba shipped from CA last week on Tuesday. Ordered in mid April. I'm itching to play it!
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

bloke wrote:I believe - were I to purchase one of these - I would have Matt Walters look at it first.

Does this imply "Were I to purchase one, I would probably buy it from Matt Walters" ?

Why yes, I believe it does imply that. :|
It just makes sense.
DeltaHalo
lurker
lurker

Post by DeltaHalo »

Just got my Eastman EBC-632CCS today. Absolutely in love with the horn. I am looking into buying a gig bag of some sort. If anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome.
I have had bags from the Tuba Exchange before, but would like to stay away from them as I have had issues with their bags before. I have looked at the Gard Wheelie Bags and I really like them, just do not like the price. If anyone has any experience with them and would offer some input there that would be awesome.
"If they came to hear me beg, then they will be disappointed."
Kayla
bugler
bugler

Post by Kayla »

DeltaHalo wrote:Just got my Eastman EBC-632CCS today. Absolutely in love with the horn. I am looking into buying a gig bag of some sort. If anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome.
I have had bags from the Tuba Exchange before, but would like to stay away from them as I have had issues with their bags before. I have looked at the Gard Wheelie Bags and I really like them, just do not like the price. If anyone has any experience with them and would offer some input there that would be awesome.
I had one made through Altieri. Fits like a glove.