A great first concert!

The bulk of the musical talk
TubaZac2012
3 valves
3 valves

A great first concert!

Post by TubaZac2012 »

I didn't get any recordings, but man did it feel and sound good on stage. The York was sounding great with the Athens Community Band! I can't wait to play another concert with it. It's one thing to play rehearsals with it, but it's first maiden voyage went quite well. Still getting my head wrapped around BBb, but it's overall it went great. I have a rehearsal with on the the best groups in the state tonight so that should be fun. That concert is on the 17th of this month. I'll try and get a video posted from that.

Also, I'm currently reworking the Andante and Rondo by Capuzzi. I had it all worked up on CC, but it sits very nicely on BBb as well and since that's all I own currently that's what I'll work it up on. Once I have it worked up I'll try and post a video. I know the one or two minute clip is boring. I'm reworking a lot of etudes as well so those are coming. i just have to find the time to practice.

Thanks,
Zac
Zac Riley
Shoals Community Band
Twickenham Winds
Huntsville Brass Band Contrabass Tuba
Madison Community Symphony Orchestra
York/King/Reynolds Custom Tabor Build Franken York CC
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Re: A great first concert!

Post by Michael Bush »

Last edited by Michael Bush on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Comments; "Director insists on one Sousa March"

Me; Only one??

8)
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
TubaZac2012
3 valves
3 valves

Post by TubaZac2012 »

Michael Bush wrote:Someone has posted some videos here, for those on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7727337 ... p_activity

In the section, Zac is unmistakable with the York on the right. My 2145 bell is the dwarf in the center. There's another guy who has been in the band since the founding mostly hidden behind the conductor, playing an Allora BBb.
Athens Band.jpg
Michael you're the best! I'm gonna listen to these when I get home tonight. I'm not friends with anyone from the band. Thanks man!
Zac Riley
Shoals Community Band
Twickenham Winds
Huntsville Brass Band Contrabass Tuba
Madison Community Symphony Orchestra
York/King/Reynolds Custom Tabor Build Franken York CC