A schedule and/or exhibitor list for the Army Tuba Conf.?

The bulk of the musical talk
Rebel
bugler
bugler

Re: A schedule and/or exhibitor list for the Army Tuba Conf.

Post by Rebel »

bloke wrote:
Rebel wrote:I have a question too, looking at the Vendor listing it shows Dillon. Is that the Dillon Music from New Jersey?
Thanks.
It is...Matt will be there. He and I chatted on the phone a couple of days ago about "stuff in general".
Thanks!! I just called them and spoke to Matt in person and answered my own question. He said he would be happy to look at my Yamaha. Since I purchased if from them, I thought that was very cool!! I will be there on Saturday wearing Minnesota Vikings PURPLE if you are there, hit me up.
1990 Yamaha YBB-631 4/4 BBb Compensating Tuba
1995 Yamaha YEP-201 Euphonium
Conn 605 Trombone
Fretted and Fretless 5 String Electric Bass
Scubatuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Scubatuba »

Buffet Group will have the largest booth for them, and will be showing the following:

BBb
MW 195P Fafner

CC's
MW 5450 Thor
MW 3225 Ursus
B&S MRP_CC
B&S GR41
B&S 3098

Eb- Besson BE984

F
B&S 3099/2W
B&S 56AFT
B&S 5100W
B&S 5099/2W
MW 2182/W
MW 2250NP
sloan
On Ice
On Ice

Post by sloan »

I'll be there, Wednesday through o-dark-hundred Saturday morning. My annual skating band gig is in PVD Saturday night, so I get to visit DTW three (3) times on this trip.

BHM->DTW->DCA->DTW->PVD->DTW->BHM

No, I won't be bringing a tuba...Perhaps I'll borrow one from Joe - I understand he has one or two killer horns for sale.
Kenneth Sloan
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Roger Lewis »

I'll be bringing the new Miraphone 5/4 and 6/4 Hagan horns along with a Seigfreid and a few other goodies.

Roger
"The music business is a cruel and shallow trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

I plan to be there for the first time in many years. I am driving in on Friday morning and staying through Saturday. I am bringing my Distin Bb helicon with the 30" bell that I am looking to sell.
King 2341 (one piece)
Besson 983
sloan
On Ice
On Ice

Post by sloan »

Lew wrote:I plan to be there for the first time in many years. I am driving in on Friday morning and staying through Saturday. I am bringing my Distin Bb helicon with the 30" bell that I am looking to sell.
Damn...and I was trying to downsize...

I don't suppose it would be packed for air travel?

No...no....step...away...from...the ...shiny (it's shiny?)...object...
Kenneth Sloan
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

If anyone has a vintage 186, 4U CC (like pre-1975 or so) and are looking to sell at the Conference, I could be interested. I'm arriving Thursday night and plan to be there all day Fri. and Sat.
kontrabass
3 valves
3 valves

Post by kontrabass »

I wrote a piece for Patrick Sheridan that'll be performed with the Pershing's Own band on the final concert.
my first time going to this shindig and I'll be sure to stop by the booths and say hello - will be good to put a face to some names that I've been interacting with here for years.
Rob Teehan
Toronto composer and tuba player
Visit my tuba blog: http://www.robteehan.com
Doug Elliott
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Doug Elliott »

I will not be there this year, despite the fact that I live nearby.
Rebel
bugler
bugler

Post by Rebel »

I'll be there Saturday during the day. I will have on Minnesota Viking Purple, and have my wife and YBB-631 with me. Is there a meet up location there for members?
Conn 605 Trombone
Rebel
bugler
bugler

Post by Rebel »

bloke wrote:Someone could bring a clipboard to the John Packer booth, leave it with me, and TNFJ members could put their username, real name, and phone numbers for possible dinner hour (or earlier) meets.
I'll drop by. I will be wearing Minnesota Vikings Purple, Probably Teddy Bridgewater #5 Thanks and see you there.
Conn 605 Trombone
Jerryleejr
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Jerryleejr »

Roger Lewis wrote:I'll be bringing the new Miraphone 5/4 and 6/4 Hagan horns along with a Seigfreid and a few other goodies.

Roger
You can put me on the list for a Saturday test play :)

JJ
Kanstul 991 Custom
Always room for more....
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Now that everyone is showing up, how about a live video feed??

:tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

Three Valves wrote:Now that everyone is showing up, how about a live video feed??

:tuba:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQcY4w-7RSA" target="_blank
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Neptune wrote:.... we will be giving-away very nice pen/stylus/torch to anyone that stops by at the booth and gives Wessex horns a proper play test.
Nice premium!!

It's come in handy already.

It sits next to my cell phone/alarm clock and when I get up to pee it lights the way!!

Thanks for bringing the Mosel, I enjoyed meeting you both.
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Neptune wrote:BTW I know many people pass by Wesssex thinking they can't be any good, if Chinese made. Well we believe if you actually try, you will change your mind. So as little incentive, we will be giving-away very nice pen/stylus/torch to anyone that stops by at the booth and gives Wessex horns a proper play test.
I did stop by. The pen / stylus is very nice and is in use at this very moment. The euphonium I played was very nice. The sound was as good as pricier models I played there. The only difference was weight (slightly lighter) which I don't count as a negative, and the valves were not as nice as the horns costing thousands more. Where they a deal breaker? Nope. They probably just needed a quick wipe and re-oil. The Wessex booth was using a pretty strong disinfectant on the mouthpieces and that was probably stripping the oil from the valves. They were head and shoulders better than the Yama 321 clone I'm playing now. So much better that I'm glad that I left may credit card at home, or it would have probably gone home with me.
Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Also, early in the afternoon the Wessex were by the door and the tuba/valves still cold.

They loosened with warming.
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Three Valves wrote:Also, early in the afternoon the Wessex were by the door and the tuba/valves still cold.

I also noticed if you played the horn in front of the Wessex booth the horn sounded "weak" for lack of a better word. If you took it to the middle of the room or outside (which they allowed me to do) the horn sounded as good as anything else I played. Strange acoustics in that spot when everyone else is also playing in the room.
Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You
Rebel
bugler
bugler

Post by Rebel »

Three Valves wrote:Also, early in the afternoon the Wessex were by the door and the tuba/valves still cold.

I played a Wessex Travel BBb there, and as warm as it was in the building, I am surprised ANY valves were cold. I did like the travel tuba, and was amazed by its size, and as I put it through some paces, I realized it was a useful horn, and not just a novelty.
Conn 605 Trombone
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Rebel wrote:

I played a Wessex Travel BBb there, and as warm as it was in the building, I am surprised ANY valves were cold. I did like the travel tuba, and was amazed by its size, and as I put it through some paces, I realized it was a useful horn, and not just a novelty.
It is a cool little thing!!