bugler

Comments on Miraphone 12915VC & BE995 Sovereign CC Tuba

Post by choisy »

Want Comments on Miraphone 12915VC & BE995 Sovereign CC Tuba
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

They're both tubas. You buzz in a mouthpeice in one end and sound comes out the other. If you do it right they play in the key of C.
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

You guys miss the fine distinctions. One is a CC tuba and the other is a contrabass tuba in C.
poomshanka
4 valves
4 valves

Post by poomshanka »

Hmmmm... Something tells me that the tone of these responses was, in part, inspired by the somewhat abrupt nature of the original question.

I might be off base here, but "choisy's" profile lists his location as Hong Kong, and his other posts kinda lead me to believe that English might not be his first language.

Although not surrounded by the warm, fuzzy prose we'd perhaps like to see when soliciting input, I have no reason to suspect his query is illegitimate. Maybe we should cut the guy a piece of slack cake?

If I had some info on the horns, I'd be happy to give it to him.

Just a thought...

...Dave
Uncle Buck
5 valves
5 valves

Agree

Post by Uncle Buck »

I agree with Poomshanka (and also wish I had the $$ to buy his 190, but that's another story).

I assume the original poster is considering buying one of those two models. I can't add any personal experience on either, but from the posts I've read discussing each, the Miraphone seems to be more consistent.
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Agree

Post by Lew »

Uncle Buck wrote:I agree with Poomshanka (and also wish I had the $$ to buy his 190, but that's another story).

I assume the original poster is considering buying one of those two models. I can't add any personal experience on either, but from the posts I've read discussing each, the Miraphone seems to be more consistent.
"Ahh say, It's a joke son." (my first post that is)

Yes, the consensus of people who have tried both seems to favor the Miraphone, but the Besson has its proponents.
adam0408
3 valves
3 valves

Post by adam0408 »

I have had the 1291 for about a week now, and I really really like it. It plays very effortlessly. I play with more volume, better tone, and better accuracy without even trying. I would reccomend this horn to anyone, I am such a fan of this device. the only problem I have is with the slides... as another post shows. :?

As far as the besson goes... I am not sure. I played a besson Eb and was VERY impressed with it at the menc convention. I felt like I could put an endlesss amount of air through it and not break the tone. In my opinion, besson is doing some stuff right.