Gig Bag recommendations for Meinl Weston 2011FA

The bulk of the musical talk
ntruhan
bugler
bugler

Gig Bag recommendations for Meinl Weston 2011FA

Post by ntruhan »

Hello,
I have a Meinl Weston HoJo 2011FA Side Valve BBb Tuba. I have an older gig bag from a Yamaha BBb 4/4 Top Valve Tuba that I sold which I have been using with the HoJo.

I am concerned about the long-term use of this bag with the HoJo. The bag is slightly bigger than the tuba so it can shift a little in it (4/4 vs 7/8). And being that the HoJo is a side valve, I am worried about longer term issues with the valves being pressed in during travel as the case constrains them.

Are there any recommendations for Gig Bags for the 2001FA? I had heard of Cronkhite through these forums, but can't seem to find one for the 2011FA.

The current gig bag I have just has a strap and handle left, the backpack straps it had broke which I miss using.

Thanks.
Nathan
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Gig Bag recommendations for Meinl Weston 2011FA

Post by Ken Crawford »

Yup Cronkhite bags are the best. Send your measurements in and you'll get a bag that fits. Looking on the Horn guys website it looks like you'll get the "MIR 191 19X36" bag.

http://www.hornguys.com/collections/tub ... -tuba-case" target="_blank

Find the HoJo down the list.
ntruhan
bugler
bugler

Re: Gig Bag recommendations for Meinl Weston 2011FA

Post by ntruhan »

Hello,
Sorry to revive an old thread.

I know it has been a long time, and unfortunately I never got a chance to get that Gig bag, other priorities came up and I wound up moving.
Now that I have been back playing again I would like to revisit. Unfortunately, according to The Horn Guys on the web site, it seems Glen Cronkhite has retired so that case is no longer available.

I am still worried a bit about a fabric gig-bad and having side-valves where there the values can be slightly pressed since there is no hard protection around it.

Any back-up recommendations?
It seems Meinl Wesson has a Gig bag themselves for that model 91282536, just not sure how good it is.

Thanks again,
Nathan